Defect Classification - ADC
ADC is essential for facilitating efficient repair processes
Orbotech's cutting-edge, Automatic Defect Classification (ADC) is used in the global FPD industry by many panel manufacturers. Automatic Defect Classification is implemented for monitoring the production process, for Go/No-Go decisions and repair judgment. As repair techniques continue to be improved, ADC is essential for facilitating efficient repair processes.
In a price sensitive and competitive market where material costs are high and account for total cost of large panel displays – FPD manufacturers must maintain the highest possible yields. Orbotech's AOI systems, featuring ADC capabilities, maintain those yields while improving product quality and productivity in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Identifies and sorts killer vs. repairable defects
- High accuracy and repeatability
- Uses a sophisticated pattern-finding engine
- Accurately classifies new versus repetitive defects
- Combines Rule-based (user defined criteria) and Learn-based (from examples) classification applied on high-quality microscopic images of the defect
- Includes a set of programming, segmentation, management and simulation tools
- The leading automatic defect classification tool in the market today
- Improves the efficiency of repair machines
- Provides excellent process monitoring
- Incorporates and expresses the knowledge of experts
- Simulates human methodology but not prone to human error
- Saves costs and footprint of review stations