Senior Buyer/Commodity Buyer (Mechanical)
|学歴 MCIPS or degree equivalent||使用言語 English|
What will your job look like
Working in our newly formed Commodity Management team, you will be primarily responsible for the strategic supply chain of our Mechanical category. You will deliver a future proofed, high quality, low cost, agile supply chain to the tactical supply chain team, working with NPI and commodity engineering support team on cost and capacity improvements through DFMA and outsourcing.
The overall supply chain consists of around 450 suppliers and £100m spend of which the Mechanical commodity is around 30% of spend.
- Understanding the capability and capacity within the mechanical category of the SPTS supply chain.
- Developing models to accurately determine gaps and opportunities within mechanical category
- Creating strategies and executing tactics to optimize the supply chain to deliver cost reduction target year on year and deliver a supply chain that will support the continuing growth plans
- Finding new suppliers for cost, capacity, quality and capability improvements. Creating a truly agile supply chain at lowest possible cost
- Creating regional sourcing models and identifying relevant suppliers within the regions
- Working with production Commodity Engineering team for DFMA for NPI and cost reduction activities
- Achieving handover of suppliers fit for purpose to tactical purchasing team.
- Developing existing suppliers who are underperforming, understand the constraints and find a resolution
- Creating, monitoring and improving against a backdrop of KPI’s aligned to internal and external customer requirements
- Global and regional supply chain initiatives including LCC sourcing
- Accompany the relevant department team members to audit suppliers within the UK and abroad to evaluate capability, capacity and process control
What you will need to succeed
- Good IT Skills (minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- MCIPS qualified or degree equivalent
- Previous experience in Mechanical Commodity / category management.
- Demonstrable experience in supply chain strategic management
- Good working knowledge of supply chain replenishment mechanisms
- Self starter
- Target driven
- Strong negotiation prowess
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings would be advantageous
- Exposure to DFM/DFA techniques
- SPTS will expect the successful candidate to contribute on a personal and professional level in line with the daily role and responsibilities of supply chain management
- We would also expect the candidate to be very proactive, with a can-do attitude and meet all challenges in an efficient and effective manner
- Candidates must display a strong, resilient and confident work ethic.
- Good communication skills are vital
- Experience in purchasing within a scientific or technical sector is desirable
- Available for international travel