Customer Support Engineer
|Education Associates Degree||Experience 2|
Orbotech is looking for A CUSTOMER SUPPORT ENGINEER TO PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL ON-SITE SUPPORT AND EXPERTISE TO OUR FLAT PANEL DISPLAY MANUFACTURING CUSTOMERS.
This position is based in the bay area of Northern CA and reports to the Sr. Delivery and Services manager in San Jose, CA.
What your job will look like:
You will perform on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems as well as:
- Inspect & approve operational quality of system equipment
- Instruct customers in the operations & maintenance of systems
- Serve as company liaison with customer on administrative & technical matters
- 15% travel (domestic) (Bay Area, CA position, reporting into San Jose, CA)
Utilize high level knowledge of Orbotech systems in order to:
- Find practical, time-saving methods to optimize the customers' system utilization and maintain a high level of customer relations.
- Find problems and limitations with customers' hardware and software and recommend potential solutions regarding the purchase of new equipment or options
- Ensure that Orbotech equipment functions properly by preparing sites, installing systems, gaining customer acceptance of systems, and performing post-installation check-ups and preventive maintenance activities.
- Perform appropriate software/hardware technical changes, ECO’s, and upgrades on Orbotech equipment.
- Train customers on use of Orbotech equipment in conjunction with established training programs.
- Diagnose and remedy Orbotech equipment problems at customer site
- Work as a team with product line experts for technical support to resolve customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Set up, manage, and report on special projects as needed including:
- Coordinating test programs for software versions, hardware changes, and Alpha and Beta sites.
- Evaluating software, hardware, and other materials that have been integrated with Orbotech products.
- Researching specific customer hardware problems for the purpose of generating and implementing solutions.
- Supporting sales efforts from technical/customer support perspective (i.e. demonstrations, tradeshows, customer meetings)
- Initiate new projects and evaluations that will help achieve continuous improvement of system performance, customer satisfaction, and customer support procedures.
What you will need to succeed
- 2-year degree in related field (such as Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science) or equivalent combination of trade school & 2 years work experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years field service experience installing & repairing computer systems & electro-mechanical equipment
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude, backed with experience
- Computer systems experience including hardware & software installation & diagnostic analysis
- Self-starter, strong time management & interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
- A thorough understanding of troubleshooting processes
- Self-reliant; strong professional people skills
- Ability to prioritize and schedule duties ranging over multiple disciplines
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to travel.