Product Support Engineer
|Education Degree or HNC in Electronic/Instrumentation of a recognised apprenticeship in a related subject||Language English|
WHAT WILL YOUR JOB LOOK LIKE
Working as part of the Product Support team, you will be responsible for the effective on site installation, upgrade, servicing and repair of SPTS’ equipment. This is a hands-on customer interfacing position, which will involve considerable overseas travel.
- Installation and start-up of new equipment or upgrades at customer sites
- Servicing & maintenance of existing equipment including preventative maintenance of equipment in the field.
- Carrying out repairs in the field
- Establishing methods and procedures and evaluation of results of tests.
- Investigations into faults, failures and other defects
- Preparing of reports, technical notes etc relating to their work
- Liaising with other departments at SPTS as required
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of SPTS products and services
- Maintain good relationships with customers
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
Qualified to degree or HNC in Electronic/Instrumentation or a recognised apprenticeship in a related subject.
This position will involve considerable international travel, sometimes at very short notice and for extended periods.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- Logical - Will need to think logically while under pressure.
- Disciplined -Will need to be capable of working alone without assistance or management.
- Composed - Will be required to work under the stress of high volume production environment.
CVD / PVD / Etch systems is preferred.