Graduate Equipment Development Engineer
|교육 HNC/HND in an electrical discipline||언어 요청 English|
What will your job look like
Joining a multi-disciplined team, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing automation solutions to enable the integration of SPTS process systems into customer fabrication factories worldwide. This will involve designing electronic/electrical automated industrial semi-conductor tools and plasma sources, interfacing with a wide range of OEM equipment.
As the successful candidate, you will be a multi-skilled engineer with good level of understanding of Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical systems. You would be supporting the other engineers in the group with equipment design/integration and expect to work to tight deadlines in a highly regulated industry. You would show initiative and be motivated to learn new skills. You would also be very adaptable and keen to take advantage of the opportunities SPTS can offer in progressing your personal development.
You will be based in the Newport factory; however, this position may also involve a small amount of international travel.
- Electrical / Electronic component integration
- Controls Engineering
- Computer systems development
- Mechanical design
- Obsolescence engineering
- Testing/Verification of development projects
- Documentation –Service Bulletins, Procedures, Reports, Engineering Drawings
- Fault Finding/problem solving with an understanding of machinery safety regulation and EU harmonized environments.
Support other areas of the business such as Customer Support and Manufacturing Dept
Maintaining and reconfiguring the Department’s R&D systems
What will you need to succeed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum HNC/HND in an electrical discipline
- CAD experience with Solid Edge and AutoCad or similar would be an advantage
- Work experience in a development and design environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible and able to prioritize
- The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Good IT Skills (minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint)