Orbotech's Jetext™ is the latest generation inkjet system for semiconductor package marking. It provide high...
Additive Printing Solutions
Inkjet printing is a cost-effective and accurate tool to print a barrier (DAM) to prevent underfill leakage or create keep-out zones between active and passive components.
Benefits of Orbotech Magna™ for DAM printing
- Cost and space saving vs. solder dispenser
- Higher throughput and design flexibility
- Possibility to print high aspect ratio structures (from 10 to > 500um)
Isolating Layer Printing
Inkjet printing can be used to deposit a layer of insulating material on selective areas.
Benefits of Orbotech Magna™ for isolating layer printing
- Higher savings compared to lithography
- Good registration and insulating thickness control
- Qualified for this application at Tier 1 OSATs
Inkjet Package Marking
As semiconductor packages shrink, they become more easily damaged by laser marking. Inkjet printing is an flexible, non-contact method of marking packages which gives a number of advantages over traditional laser marking.
Benefits of Orbotech Jetext™ inkjet technology for package marking
- No risk of heat damage to thin packages
- Higher readability and contrast on different materials
- High throughput even on dense and complex marking