Etch for RF-IC
III-V device fabrication requires a range of processes including pre-etching of substrates, etching of nitrides, polyimide, BCB and the epitaxial layers on the wafer front-side, along with via etches from the wafer back-side.
These etch processes are available on either the ICP or Synapse™ process modules.
Benefits of SPTS's ICP for Compound Semiconductor RF-IC
- Large installed base
- 8 out of the top 10 compound makers
- 4 out of the top 5 compound foundries
- ESC compatible with sapphire carriers without the need for a back-coat
- Range of dielectric etches including low damage processes and thick organic films
- High rate GaAs back-side via etching
Benefits of SPTS's Synapse™ for Compound Semiconductor RF-IC
- Extendibility to strongly bonded films such as SiC
- Highest rate SiC etching for maximum productivity
- Wafer clamping adapted for ‘dirty’ SiC processing environment